Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Big One

Here we Go! I have undertaken the biggest art project ever! (For me) My Job is to draw from this reference photo below in color pencil on matte board size 48x29 in! But the craziest part is that the diminsions of the piece desired is quite wide, and I need to finish the sails.

So....I have almost finished with the new dimension on the computer, thus saving myself headaches later. I think that it is coming along great. I have had the hardest time trying to figure in all of the cables and sails and where they need to end up. I have had to use a bit of math, talent, and just plain instinct to feel my way throught the drawing. I hope to have this one done well before Christmas.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That looks like it will be a challenge, Joe! Best of luck as you work through this one. :)

Subscribe Via Reader

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails